WestJet is reportedly adding three international non-stop service flights from Regina to Las Vegas, Orlando, and Cancun.
Las Vegas and Cancun would offer flights twice per week with routes beginning Nov. 10 and Nov. 13 respectively
The Orlando route scheduled to start up on Dec. 16 will be offered once per week.
The resumption of a total of 17 sun routes was announced by WestJet for cities across Canada on Monday.
Routes from across Canada to the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America include Calgary to Nassau, Ottawa to Montego Bay, Regina to Cancun, and Toronto to Samana.
“The returning routes, which were suspended for more than two years, bring enhanced connectivity and vacation options for Canadians and communities across the airline’s network,” WestJet said in a press release on Monday.
John Weatherill, WestJet’s executive vice-president, and the chief commercial officer also said in the release that the resumption of these previously suspended routes was another positive step in the restoration of the airline’s flight network.
Routes resuming to the U.S. include weekly flight paths from Kelowna to Phoenix, Saskatoon to Las Vegas, Vancouver to Orlando, and St. John’s to Tampa Bay.
A new regional service in B.C. between Penticton and Vancouver was also announced by the airline running six times a week from Feb. 17 next year, and domestic flights between Edmonton, Alta. and Nanaimo, B.C.
Here’s a list of WestJet’s newly-restored routes:
Flights to the U.S.
• Kelowna to Phoenix, starting Nov. 16, once a week.
• Saskatoon to Las Vegas, starting Nov. 10, twice a week.
• Saskatoon to Orlando, starting Dec. 16, once a week.
• Regina to Las Vegas, starting Nov. 10, twice a week.
• Vancouver to Orlando, starting Nov. 12, once a week
• Winnipeg to Phoenix, starting Oct. 31, twice a week
• St. John’s to Tampa Bay, starting Mar. 19, once a week
Flights to the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America:
• Calgary to Belize City, starting Nov. 18, once a week.
• Calgary to Nassau, starting Nov. 26, once a week.
• Calgary to Varadero, starting Nov. 5, once a week.
• Comox to Puerto Vallarta, starting Nov. 5, once a week.
• Ottawa to Montego Bay, starting Nov. 12, once a week.
• Regina to Cancun, starting Nov. 13, twice a week.
• Toronto to Cayo Coco, starting Nov. 5, once a week.
• Toronto to Samana, starting Dec. 17, once a week.
• Winnipeg to Montego Bay, starting Dec. 17, once a week.