FOOTPRINTS tells a story about five college friends who now moved away from each other and settled in their lives. Mohsin, the protagonist, loves to capture the natural beauty of Kashmir through his still camera as he is going to lose his eyesight in the next six months, which his non-Kashmiri friends are not aware of. So, he wishes to spend some time with his friends and invites them to Kashmir. Despite resentment of the families of the non-Kashmiri friends, they make it happen, and the friends start their journey, which somehow, from a charming expedition, turns out to be a mysterious and evil one.
The World Premiere of FOOTPRINTS is scheduled on June 17, 2022, at 7:30 pm in CENTRAL PARKWAY CINEMAS at 377 Burnhamthorpe Rd E, Mississauga, ON L5A 3Y1
BOLLYWOOD actors SARFRAZ KHAN & UPPEKHA JAIN will join the celebrations.
Sarfraz is the son of the late legendary actor KADER KHAN and is known for his roles in blockbusters like Wanted, Tere Naam, Milenge Milenge, and Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai Dobara, to name a few.
Uppekha is a Former Miss India Worldwide, Miss India-Canada Worldwide, and the first Canadian actor to land a starring role on Star Plus prime-time Indian TV soap opera Saath Nibhana Saathiya.
ABOUT THE WRITER, PRODUCER & DIRECTOR
While working in India, UAE, and Canada, Javid Banday gained extensive experience in radio, television, and ﬁlm production.
He started his career as a Transmission Executive (programs) from Indian Broadcasting Corporation (India) and served in Dubai Television (UAE) for five years before migrating to Canada in 2006.
Javid achieved his postgrad diploma in ﬁlm studies from Sheridan College, Canada. He then formed a media production company, Mediamark International Corp., in 2010, which turned into a trusted source in television and advertising and the ﬁlm industry.
He has written, directed, and produced about 40 Ad ﬁlms, ten feature, and documentary ﬁlms for independent ﬁlm houses.
Javid juggled several production hats with various Bollywood movies that have traveled worldwide to various ﬁlm festivals, including Cannes Film Festival, Toronto Film Festival, and UK Asian Film Festival.
List of achievements:
- He has several associations with Bollywood projects as a Writer/Producer/Director. Two particular projects, “Identity Card-Ek Lifeline” and “Side A & Side B,” World premiered at Cannes Film Fest in 2017.
- He scripted, produced, and directed the Feature Film “The Footprints,” scheduled to be released in theaters in Canada this summer.
- “The Million Dollar Nomad” is an Indo-Canadian project shot in France, Holland, Switzerland & India that got backed by one of the top-notch American Distribution Companies, House of Film, known for nine Award-winning Academy films.
- He scripted, directed & produced a short film, “The Stanger,” that got into the Cannes Short Film Corner 2016.
- In 1994, Javid bagged India’s prestigious National Award for Best Documentary of the Year for “He was a Reality” (Who Ek Sach Tha).
- In 1994, Javid earned yet another accolade for “One Day of Peace,” a documentary based on the topic of the year, declared by UNESCO (UNO): “Tolerance.” The documentary won nominations for “Prix Italia International Awards.”
Special Event & Film Publicity by mukta Advertising. To interview the cast and crew, send a request with your full name and publication information to email@example.com.